Housing & Building Association of Colorado Springs CEO- The CEO of the Housing & Building Association serves as a community and national ambassador and speaker for our program. CEO is responsible for top-level strategy and identifying and maintaining relationships with industry/business partners, sponsors and supporters, as well as workforce development partners. The CEO works to affect change on an industry-wide level, including introducing similar programs in schools across the country, and tackling issues such as barriers to employment.
Director of Workforce Development- The director of workforce manages the day-to-day operations of Careers in Construction and provides staff support to the Workforce Development Council and its subcommittees.
- Program oversight
- Works directly with educators (CTE Directors, teachers) to ensure their program needs are being met and they have appropriate industry support
- Manages school compliance as defined in per-school memorandums of agreement
- Oversees job placement program
- Manages website communications
- Identifies and finalizes the participation of new school districts
- Responsible for communication and outreach to influencers within the community to provide program information and updates
- Identifies and schedules careers fairs and industry days and work with the program coordinator on execution
- Oversees the efforts of the program coordinator and PPWFC Young Adult Job Coach
- Grant Oversight
- Seeks and applies for funding opportunities
- Manages and tracks all measurable outcomes and ensures those outcomes are met
- Relays feedback from all stakeholders (educators, students, parents, industry members) to guide the marketing strategy and efforts
Workforce Development Coordinator- the program coordinator is responsible for working directly with the program’s students and instructors. They have been tasked with getting to know each student and what their industry-related areas of interest are, as well as barriers to employment.
- Soft-skills training in the classroom
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with students (in conjunction with the Young Adult Coach) to identify available job opportunities and help with resumes and interview prep
- Tracks the student enrollment as well as what certificates are earned to verify completers and enrollment outcomes
- Industry Experience
- Work with instructors to identify needs for speakers and field trips and coordinate with a subcommittee to identify participants
- Coordinate with a subcommittee of the Workforce Development Council tasked with industry outreach to identify potential employers
- Meets with students to identify job opportunities, provide one-on-one help and job coaching for current students
- Distribute flyers and engage with prospective students during the lunch hour, as well as at career fairs