You can contribute to the CIC program in the following ways:
- Donate tools or consumable materials
- Make tax-deductible contributions through Careers in Construction 501(c)(3)
- Speaker/Mentoring CIC students
- Host job site visits and field trips
- Post your employment opportunities to our Job Opportunites page to help qualified CIC students gain local industry experience
- Program sponsorships
Ways to Support the Program
Building Futures Fund – A financial support mechanism created to ensure that long-term funding is available to sustain the Careers in Construction program. Upon pulling a building permit at the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department, contractors are given the option to support CIC on a per-permit basis.
Building Futures Fund Investments are as follows:
Remodel/Alterations – $6.00/permit
New Residential – $25.00/permit
New Commercial – $50.00/permit
Commercial Remodel/Alterations (over $20k) – $50.00/permit
Financial Contributions – Make a one-time or recurring financial contribution. Contributions are tax deductible through Careers in Construction Colorado, which is the governing 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for the CIC program.
Provide employment opportunities: Employ students from the Careers in Construction program in the following:
- Work-study program
- Try before you hire – a partnership with Pikes Peak Workforce Center to provide an immersion experience for students
Tools & Materials – Donate new tools or consumable construction materials to be used in the classroom for building projects.
Speaker/Mentoring – Volunteer to share your knowledge and experience with students in the classrooms, career fairs and other events.
Host job site visits and field trips – Provide students an opportunity to experience and understand the everyday functions of a career in construction by offering a field trip to your jobsite. We also recommend allowing time for a Q&A session with your construction team, this offers students insight into the different roles and responsibilities of construction workers.
- Program Sponsorships – Designate a contribution to a specific school or project.
Display the Logo – Displaying the “Supporter” logo on your website helps promote the program and spark interest.
To download the logo, click the file below and upload the format you need!
Please link the Careers in Construction logo back to www.GoBuildCO.com!
To learn more or make a donation to the Careers in Construction program, contact Kitt Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.