Q: What is the CTE Program?
- CTE Program is the Career Technical Education Program, which provides students with the academic and technical skills, knowledge and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become life-long learners.
- CTE gives high school students the chance to get a head start on workforce and college preparation by introducing workplace competencies and making academic content accessible. We provide students with hands-on construction context. Students will learn how core school subjects (math, science, writing) are used with hands-on training in their chosen program. We provide the opportunity to gain real-world experience through job shadowing and internships.
Q: What is the PACT Training System?
- PACT is the Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training. PACT is based on HBI’s National Construction Skill Standards and the National Green Building Standards (NAHB). PACT is recognized by the US Department of Labor with the Registered Apprenticeship Innovator and Trailblazer Award. http://www.hbi.org/Products-Services/Licensing/PACT
- The PACT’s skill achievement record guarantees each student has the knowledge to be employed in an entry-level or semi-skilled job within the building industry.
- Job placement rate is over 80% for HBI PACT graduates.
- Licensing the PACT Training system for CTE training Program will also help position you as the standard for training.
Q: What do we get with the PACT Training System?
- PACT Instructor Guide– This provides a step-by-step implementation of the Program:
- The first five units include instruction of:
- Building trades, safety/first aid, construction math, tools and construction materials, green building and employability.
- Trade units concentrate on technical skills and knowledge in areas of:
- Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, brick masonry, landscaping, building construction technology, painting and finishing, and weatherization.
- PACT Flash Drive with PDF copies of instructor guide and student workbook, green home building instructional guidelines, interactive, printable electronic files for Student Achievement Records, assessments, tests and guided practices (PACT math, PACT communications, PACT Literacy Supplements, PACTWorks, Safety briefs and assessment tools and tests.)
- PACT Student Workbook– presents vocabulary terms, full-color illustrations, guided practices, testing materials, and exercises to support “hands-on” training and assist students in mastering the skills in each unit.
- Student Certification– Students who graduate will receive an industry-recognized and portable pre-apprenticeship credential accepted by DOL which qualifies them for employment in the US Building Industry.
- Instructor Training and Technical Assistance– HBI technical training staff-experiences with PACT-based training provide a thorough grounding in the use of PACT to maintain fidelity to the PACT model with integrity and accountability with onsite technical assistance.
- PACT Certificate Ordering Systems– Allows you to easily certify each graduate’s eligibility and order certificates for your PACT graduates through online portal. You will have access to the PACT online storefront. You may order all the PACT materials you need to have a strong pre-apprenticeship construction training program.