Home Build Program
In order to ensure the financial sustainability of Careers in Construction, the HBA’s Workforce Development Committee has developed the Home Build Program. Students will construct a modular home on school district property. The home will be owned by Careers in Construction Colorado – a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Proceeds from the sale of the completed home will be reinvested in the Careers in Construction program, assuring visibility, viability and sustainability.
Home Build Program Vision
- Schools having an established Careers in Construction program may undertake a Home Build Project.
- Students will use the skills they have learned in their classroom settings; carpentry, plumbing, electrical and OSHA 10 safety, to construct a new home on school grounds
- Industry professionals will provide on-site support
- Pikes Peak Regional Building Department will provide inspections, education and career pathway opportunities
- CIC will manage the program
Below are the plans for the modular homes the students will be building: