Construction laborers perform a variety of construction-related activities during all phases of construction. However, the main task laborers perform is maintaining and cleaning up construction sites.
Additional duties include but not limited to:
- Clean and prepare construction sites by removing debris and possible hazards
- Load or unload building materials to be used in construction
- Build or take apart bracing, scaffolding, and temporary structures
- Dig trenches, backfill holes, excavate window wells
- Operate hand tools and basic power tools
- Assist Builders with their duties
- Maintain City Stormwater requirements and participate in city inspections
- Identify and enforce Safety requirements set forth by OSHA
- Tasks may require work in confined spaces like crawlspaces
Construction laborers are expected to have their own reliable transportation available to them throughout the day and may be expected to drive between sites multiple times per day.
Construction laborers are expected to be self-motivated and personally accountable for their daily tasks and be able to manage their time effectively.