PACT Unit 10- Landscaping
Introduces PACT students to basic landscaping concepts, use of specialized tools and identification of plants and insects. Skills learned by students include:
- Planting, transplanting, pruning/maintaining trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Seeding, edging, raking and treating lawns
- Building retaining walls, terraces, fences and bed borders
- Installing and maintaining plumbing for water features like ponds and fountains.
- Installing low-voltage lighting projects like solar outdoor lighting
- Using green building techniques to reduce resources used and conserve water
For more program information please contact Kitt Smith at the Housing & Building Association at 719-592-1800 x 100 or email@example.com