Help us fight the shortfall of skilled tradespeople.
Support Careers in Construction when you pull a permit, and you just might be training your next job site star.
If you’re a contractor, builder, or supplier, you’ve likely experienced what the shortage of skilled tradespeople in Colorado means for your business.
Join us in growing a skilled workforce. When you pull a permit, agree to an optional surcharge to support Careers in Construction. You will be providing new programs, tools, and skills for students throughout the Pikes Peak region.
This means new opportunities for everyone as we prepare future tradespeople for our regional economy, better serve our customers, and build a stronger construction industry.
CREATING PATHWAYS TO SUCCESS
Careers in Construction is HBA’s nonprofit workforce development program. The program gives local high school students a pathway to success in the building trades or beyond, whether they choose a trade school, traditional college, or direct employment. With sustained funding, the program will help to grow a skilled workforce within the construction industry, while also offering a promising future for young adults in the community.
Details on ways to support the program are listed below.
Ways to Support the Program
Funds will be used to supplement the needs of the school districts directly related to this program, including items such as tools, instructor training, HBI curriculum, and construction materials. Contributing to this fund supports a program helping grow a skilled workforce, while also helping students discover their potential and learn valuable skills.
- Building Futures Fund- A financial support mechanism created to ensure that long-term funding is available to sustain the Careers in Construction program. Upon pulling a building permit, contractors who pull permits at the Regional Building Department in El Paso County are given the option to support CIC on a per-permit basis.
Investments are as follows:
- Remodel/Alterations – $6.00/permit
- New Residential – $25.00/permit
- New Commercial – $50.00/permit
- Commercial Remodel/Alterations (over $20k) – $50.00/permit
- Financial contributions – Make a one-time or recurring financial contribution. Contributions are tax deductible through HBA Cares, which is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
- Provide employment opportunities: Employ students from the Careers in Construction program in the following:
- Work-study program
- Try before you hire- partnership with Pikes Peak Workforce Center to provide an immersion experience for students
- Tools and materials- Donate new tools or consumable construction materials to be used in the classroom for building projects.
- Speaker/Mentoring- Volunteer to share your knowledge and experience with students in the classrooms, career fairs and other events.
- Host job site visits and field trips- Provide students an opportunity to experience and understand the everyday functions of a career in construction by offering a field trip to your jobsite. We also recommend allowing time for a Q&A session with your construction team, this offers students insight into the different roles and responsibilities of construction workers.
- Program sponsorships- Designate a contribution to a specific school or project.
- Display the Logo – Displaying the “Supporter” logo on your website helps promote the program and spark interest.To download the logo, click the file below and upload the format you need!
- Other- If none of the above options are the right fit for you, please email info@GoBuildCO.com with suggestions on how you would like to get involved.
To learn more or make a donation to the Careers in Construction program, contact Kitt Smith at email@example.com.